Henry Wiltshire’s Property Management team offer Tenancy Condition Reports for landlords of Abu Dhabi property. These reports create a record of the property’s condition and help to reduce disputes over security deposit arguments on move out.
One of the biggest frustrations for tenants is the return of security deposits. On many occasions there is no record of the condition of the property on move in and therefore the tenant has difficulty in proving that certain damage was already in existence on taking possession.
By instructing a third party detailed property move in inspection this creates a record of the condition and helps to reduce security deposit arguments and deductions on move out.
What does a Condition Report Include?
- Ceiling, wall and floor finishes
- Water heaters
- Air conditioning vents, grilles, thermostats and cooling
- Electrical outlets testing including power sockets, light switches and appliances
- Gardens, terraces, swimming pools, balconies.
- Plumbing systems and fixtures
- Visible drainage
- Windows, doors, and seals
- Facade finishes
- Carpentry including kitchen units
When Should I Undertake this Survey?
Ideally the condition survey should be undertaken after the lease has been signed and before you take possession of your property and move in your furniture as this is the best time to identify all the defects and damages.
We would also recommend a follow up condition report at the end of your tenancy so that you have an accurate record of the condition when you move out.
What are the Benefits?
- Detailed photographic record of the condition of the property on taking possession.
- Allows you to use this record to follow up with the landlord to repair or replace the broken or damaged fixtures and fittings.
- Provides you with evidence at the end of the tenancy of the condition when you moved in should the landlord seek to charge you for pre-existing damages.
- Fundamentally will assist you in reducing any deductions from your security deposit when you vacate the property.