Henry Wiltshire’s Property Management team offer Property Snagging Reports for buyers in Abu Dhabi. These reports record the condition of the property and can save the owner time, expense and potential delays in taking possession.
What is Snagging?
A snag is a small defect or problem that remains in your property after the building work has been completed. It is typically something that is damaged or broken, not fitted properly or looks unfinished – such as a scratch on a window, a chipped tile or a missing hinge on a door.
Most are cosmetic – however more serious defects can arise such as major cracks and kitchen fixtures that are not fitted properly.
Who Needs a Snagging Report?
For anyone in the final stage of purchasing and undertaking handover from the developer, a detailed snagging inspection report prior to taking possession provides an accurate record of the condition of the property and can save the owner time, expense and potential delays in taking possession. It provides a recorded and clear work list for the developer’s contractors to undertake and all this peace of mind for less than 1% of the purchase price.
What Does a Snagging Report Include?
- Ceiling and wall finishes – recording uneven or damaged surfaces
- Flooring finishes – checking for chipped or irregular tiles or timber
- Alignment of AC grilles, light switches and power sockets
- Noting of any overpainting onto fittings
- Windows, doors and seals operation and condition
- Ironmongery fitting, operation and alignment
- Checking all glazing for visible scratches
- Central air conditioning units – checking thermostats and cooling
- Electrical outlets testing including power sockets, light switches and appliances
- Carpentry throughout, checking for chips or scratches
- Kitchen units and worktops checking for scratches or any other damage
- Gardens, terraces, swimming pools, balconies – condition and damage check
- Plumbing systems and fixtures
- Visible drainage operation
- Utility Connections
- Portable appliance testing
- Fire protection inspection
- Damp meter readings